Wednesday, February 2, 2011

From Atlanta to Mayo

Dear friends,
Apologies for not posting in a while. We've just reached Minneapolis. Thanks to my dear brother who took care of all the travel arrangements, we could take a direct flight on Delta from San Diego to Minneapolis, and so skipped the bad weather that hit further east. We're on our way to Rochester now with Jenn driving. It's cold here! I can't believe that I once wanted to live in Toronto!

Atlanta was wonderful..... Mikey's wedding was beautiful. He is half Peruvian, half Argentinian and Jewish, and the wedding was a beautiful combination of Indian and Jewish customs. Mira loved being flower girl, and she loved the dancing.


I must admit, as beautiful as it was, it was also bitter-sweet, seeing old friends from grad school whom I haven't seen in years. It reminded me of who I was when I graduated and all the dreams I had then.

This entry will be short because I am tired from the trips and because we are here now in Rochester and it's already past midnight. We have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow morning to check into the Mayo at 7 am --- doesn't that seem obnoxious to you? Asking me when I am at the peak of my health to do something at 7 am would be bad enough ..... in fact, frankly, it wouldn't happen -- if Jenn and Andre weren't here to drag me, I should probably snoozed in and skip that appointment!

Thank you for the positive thoughts and posts. kh, your words brought tears to my eyes -- thank you! I'm going to bed now thinking of all of you and your love and kindness .... I am incredibly lucky to have such friends.

Tomorrow, we take on the Mayo Clinic! :)

5 comments:

  1. Radhika,

    I'm sending positive thoughts your way today!

    Lots of love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed yesterday evening that it was 6 below in Rochester and I wondered what you and A were going to think about that. No worries - they're expecting a high of 15 today. So that's good. I hope you get some really good help there today, R, especially after having gotten up and at 'em at such an hour. Mira looks so beautiful - wonder if you got video?

    Love you,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, good vibes and happy thoughts of warm weather coming to you, Radhika! --Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Radhika:

    How lovely that you could enjoy a fun wedding before heading off to the Mayo Clinic! I will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.

    Pardon the political statement but your blog entry about the Scripps people not anticipating life after surgery reminded me about the decision to invade Iraq-no planning for life after the invasion for the governance of the country!

    Fondly,

    Raj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Radhika, so great to hear from you, I'm glad you safely arrived and hope things went well today. Stay warm and feel the love coming your way! I trust you made it to your appointment, sounds really tough, especially with the time change. Glad you had a nice time at your friend's wedding. Love, Janet

    ReplyDelete